Derby Monkey Garage has added several new features to its website at www.DerbyMonkeyGarage.com. One of the most popular is its page of free Pinewood Derby templates. There are more than dozen sets of templates and design ideas for some super cool looking and blazing fast derby cars.
Derby Monkey belives that some things in life should still be free… including derby car templates and ideas. Why pay for somethiong that should be free? After all this is for Cub Scouts… Right?
Coming up with an idea on how to build your new Pinewood Derby car can sometimes be a challenge. Then after you come up with an idea… how do you transform this idea onto the block of wood? Using the free Pinewood Derby car templates complimentary of Derby Monkey you can quickly and easily trace the car design onto your blank canvas and start transforming the chunk of wood into a racing masterpiece.
There are templates for a Batmobile, Dragster, Funnycar, Arrow, Police Car, Skateboard, Military Humvee and many more. The list is continuing to grow so keep checking back for the newest super-fast and great looking design.
You will still need some wood cutting and shaping tools. Derby Monkey has that. Your new car may need paint, decals and some custom accessory parts. Derby Monkey has that too. Then you may need some super-fast Pinewood Derby wheels and axles or the ProMax Axle Polishing kits. Derby Monkey has all of that. As a matter of fact, they have more than 500 Pinewood Derby items. Derby Monkey Garage is a derby car superstore containing everything you need to build a district caliber car and blow the doors off the competition.
So, go to DerbyMonkey.com and check out their new line of free car templates and their complete line of derby car kits, parts, tools and supplies.
You’ll be glad you did.
A question that we get asked a lot goes something like this… “What is the fastest Pinewood Derby car kit available?”
This is a difficult question to deal with because there are so many variables that go into building a fast derby car. Things you do during the build will affect the car’s speed more than just the kit itself. Axle polishing, wheel treatment, alignment, weight placement and lubrication are just a few things that will influence the overall speed of the finished car. These things are left up to the builder to successfully accomplish. If these factors are not properly addressed then the fastest car kit in the world will likely not win your derby.
Now, having said that, not all per-cut car kits are created equal. Some kits give you a definite speed advantage over other kits. Factors like the aerodynamics of the body, weight pocket location, center of gravity, use of axle holes or slots and location of axle holes all play a major role in how fast a car kit will be.
Fastest Pinewood Derby Car Kit
So is there a single kit that we think is the fastest? Yes… with all building skills and techniques being equal… The G-FORCE by Derby Monkey Garage is the absolute FASTEST Pinewood Derby car kit on the market today. How can we say this? Easy… the G-FORCE was engineered with just a single thing in mind… flat out sheer speed. The pre-cut body design, tungsten weight placement, center of gravity, alignment and aerodynamics are all optimized for top performance. Since we introduced the G-FORCE it has won hundreds of pack and district derby races. The G-FORCE is the fastest pre-cut Pinewood Derby car kit available… and best of all it′s all BSA Pinewood Derby legal.
The G-FORCE Features:
• Pre-cut Pine Body: The G-FORCE body has been precision cut with a CNC guided laser for perfect symmetry, balance and accuracy.
• Very Aerodynamic: The body is designed to be only ¼” thick for extreme aerodynamics. The easier it cuts through the air the faster it goes.
• Ideal Center of Gravity: The body design, weight compartments and tungsten weight allow for a very aggressive center of gravity from ½” to ¾”. The shorter the COG the faster a Pinewood Derby car will go.
• Tungsten Weights: This kit comes with tungsten cubes to get the car to its recommended racing weight. Tungsten is best for weighting Pinewood Derby cars. It more dense than lead, steel or zinc, making it heavier, allowing you to pack more weight at the rear of the car body shortening its COG and making it much faster.
• Drilled Axle Holes: These axle holes are precision drilled on a machine jig to ensure that all four holes are perfectly straight, square to the body and parallel to each other. This eliminates wheel binding and allows for a much faster car.
• Raised Left Front Wheel: The left front axle hole is drilled slightly higher than the other three allowing the left front wheel to be raised off the track. Rolling on only three wheels decreases the start-up inertia required to get the car up to speed. So, the car reaches its top speed sooner.
• Extended Wheelbase: The axle holes on this kit are drilled as far back/forward as possible to increase the distance between wheels without violating the maximum length rule. Extending the wheelbase increases the stability of the car thus decreasing wobble and increasing speed.
• G-FORCE Decal Set: This kit comes with the G-FORCE decal stripes and number set (as shown) for some super cool looking custom graphics. Use these included decals or create your own unique design.
• Official BSA Pinewood Derby Wheels & Axles: This kit comes with the option to add stock or enhance Official BSA Pinewood Derby wheels and axles. For example: the Derby Worx Pro Ultra Lite BSA wheels are the fastest BSA Pinewood Derby wheels on the market.
• Meets BSA Pinewood Derby Regulations: This car meets all BSA Pinewood Derby dimensional and weight requirements. The optional BSA wheels and axles are all BSA Pinewood Derby approved products.
Get the complete EZ-to-Build G-FORCE kit and blow the doors off the competition… READ MORE
- Scouts compete on the longest Pinewood Derby track in history…… http://t.co/izAWE6Rc #
- This is a great storage and transport system for your Best Track Pinewood Derby track…… http://t.co/WG5WtQXh #
- Pinewood Derby Cars, Designs, Kits, Templates and Supplies https://t.co/jHfI3UP7 #
- G-Force Pinewood Derby Car Kit https://t.co/lQuhNwj9 via @DerbyMonkey #
- Pinewood Derby Car Kit https://t.co/vhSLmFiW via @DerbyMonkey #
- I posted a new photo to Facebook http://t.co/bNqWFTo8 #
- Virginia Motor Speedway to Host Dirtwood Nationals Pinewood Derby and Scout Night June 30… read more… http://t.co/BLwJGRUG #
- Now this is a super cool Pinewood Derby video… http://t.co/A7Zyd6Hj http://t.co/5JtcnWBl #
- Race on the world record 540 ft Pinewood Derby Track at Misercordia University in Dallas, PA… read more… http://t.co/pYXj3cH1 #
- Pinewood Derby Cars, Designs, Kits, Templates and Supplies http://t.co/PLrpHtR4 via @DerbyMonkey #
- Watch the 2nd Annual 48/88 Shop Pinewood Derby at Hendrick Motorsports… See video http://t.co/DuMHBAO3 http://t.co/PuAZs29f #
- Wyatt fared well in his scout Pinewood Derby this year… from The Redhead from Utah and Family… http://t.co/AbKnQpBZ #
- The Boy Scouts of America Pinewood Derby Race of Champions at Watkins Glen…. http://t.co/O6dfT18n #
- Northern Star Council BSA 2012 Pinewood Derby Results and Photos…… http://t.co/OSbgXPsT #
- It’s a White Center Jubilee Days fundraiser: The 2nd annual Pinewood Derby at Big Al Brewing, all ages welcome,… http://t.co/wbQ9bDQF #
- Lowes conducts its annual Pinewood Derby race at Hendrick Motorsports… http://t.co/z1lMBgXk #
- Pinewood Derby Cars, Designs, Kits, Templates and Supplies http://t.co/spz2aTcC via @DerbyMonkey #
- Portland Pinewood Derby Classic and Art Auction – This free event will feature art, cars, red-hot racing action,… http://t.co/dAwzRSOs #
- Cub Scout Pack 6 at Auke Bay, Alaska receives a Pinewood Derby computer donation. The pack will use the computer… http://t.co/LWBZIruE #
- Hundreds of Cub Scouts to race the Fastest Pinewood Derby cars of 2012 at Mall Of America. see… http://t.co/xtMHcXUP #
- The Meat and Chease Bread Pinewood Derby raising funds fpr Mercy Corps. see… http://t.co/Bg9UiCFB #
- The Stumptown 40 Adult Pinewood Derby Race in Portland Oregon is a benefit race for Buckman Elementary School…. http://t.co/rp0BI2rL #
- This was Carter's first pinewood derby. I just wanted him to participate. I did not even think about where he… http://t.co/UbobXhpQ #
- What keeps me Catholic? The Pinewood Derby… by Michael Daley… http://t.co/rJG5V1uR #
- Members of the Nos. 48/88 shop participated in a Pinewood Derby team-building event in May at Hendrick… http://t.co/PBvoJYXl #
Erick and his father had a strained relationship. It came as no surprise though. When Erick’s mom and sister passed away five years ago suddenly, his father fell into a slump that was hard to pull him out of. Erick, only 4 when his mom and sibling had passed, was left to his own devices, and often to the care of family members and friends. When Erick was 9, his friends all raved about building Pinewood Derby cars with their moms and dads. The kids would tease each other about their cars, or “oooh” and “ahhhh” at the ideas their parents had helped them with. When it came time for Erick to display his ideas, he was often silent, and greeted with questions.
Each day Erick would find scraps of wood from the neighbor’s trash, or behind buildings. He’d ask family members to borrow tools, glue, or anything else he might need. And slowly, bit by bit, he started building himself a Pinewood Derby car. At first, his father continued on his usual routine of coming home, throwing a frozen meal in the microwave, and flopping on the couch. It wasn’t until Erick’s derby car came crashing down one day that he finally got his father’s attention. Erick sat teary eyed on the floor as his father rushed into the room; wood was strewn everywhere, and a crumpled “Pinewood Derby Car Race!” announcement lay in the corner. His father didn’t yell. He wasn’t angry, or mean. He took a moment to evaluate the situation. Looking at his defeated son his father began to clean up the mess, stopping briefly to read the race car announcement.
Once he was done, he lifted the sad boy from the floor and carried him to the car. Erick looked at him with blurry eyes, but his father just nodded and drove to local hardware store. They picked up all the supplies they needed, and plenty more to spare. By time they got home the moon was shining, and the sun was nowhere in sight. But that didn’t stop them, the two worked through the night, side by side for the first time in five years.
On the day of the race, Erick’s Pinewood Derby car stood beside the others. His was the one to beat! And as he raced through the street, passing all his friends, the smile plastered on his face was the first one his father had seen in far too long. As he made his way through the finish line, his father ran towards him, tears streaming down his face. He scooped his son up, and whispered in his ear, “I’ll never leave you like that again.”
The first place medal hung on the frame, where a picture of Erick and his dad proudly displayed the derby car, hand built by the two. To the two of them, that first place medal did not symbolize them winning the race. No, that medal symbolized the two of them rebuilding what had been lost five years ago.
Visit Derby Monkey Garage for all of your pinewood derby needs.