A question that we get asked a lot goes something like this… “What is the fastest Pinewood Derby car kit available?”
This is a difficult question to deal with because there are so many variables that go into building a fast derby car. Things you do during the build will affect the car’s speed more than just the kit itself. Axle polishing, wheel treatment, alignment, weight placement and lubrication are just a few things that will influence the overall speed of the finished car. These things are left up to the builder to successfully accomplish. If these factors are not properly addressed then the fastest car kit in the world will likely not win your derby.
Now, having said that, not all per-cut car kits are created equal. Some kits give you a definite speed advantage over other kits. Factors like the aerodynamics of the body, weight pocket location, center of gravity, use of axle holes or slots and location of axle holes all play a major role in how fast a car kit will be.
Fastest Pinewood Derby Car Kit
So is there a single kit that we think is the fastest? Yes… with all building skills and techniques being equal… The G-FORCE by Derby Monkey Garage is the absolute FASTEST Pinewood Derby car kit on the market today. How can we say this? Easy… the G-FORCE was engineered with just a single thing in mind… flat out sheer speed. The pre-cut body design, tungsten weight placement, center of gravity, alignment and aerodynamics are all optimized for top performance. Since we introduced the G-FORCE it has won hundreds of pack and district derby races. The G-FORCE is the fastest pre-cut Pinewood Derby car kit available… and best of all it′s all BSA Pinewood Derby legal.
The G-FORCE Features:
• Pre-cut Pine Body: The G-FORCE body has been precision cut with a CNC guided laser for perfect symmetry, balance and accuracy.
• Very Aerodynamic: The body is designed to be only ¼” thick for extreme aerodynamics. The easier it cuts through the air the faster it goes.
• Ideal Center of Gravity: The body design, weight compartments and tungsten weight allow for a very aggressive center of gravity from ½” to ¾”. The shorter the COG the faster a Pinewood Derby car will go.
• Tungsten Weights: This kit comes with tungsten cubes to get the car to its recommended racing weight. Tungsten is best for weighting Pinewood Derby cars. It more dense than lead, steel or zinc, making it heavier, allowing you to pack more weight at the rear of the car body shortening its COG and making it much faster.
• Drilled Axle Holes: These axle holes are precision drilled on a machine jig to ensure that all four holes are perfectly straight, square to the body and parallel to each other. This eliminates wheel binding and allows for a much faster car.
• Raised Left Front Wheel: The left front axle hole is drilled slightly higher than the other three allowing the left front wheel to be raised off the track. Rolling on only three wheels decreases the start-up inertia required to get the car up to speed. So, the car reaches its top speed sooner.
• Extended Wheelbase: The axle holes on this kit are drilled as far back/forward as possible to increase the distance between wheels without violating the maximum length rule. Extending the wheelbase increases the stability of the car thus decreasing wobble and increasing speed.
• G-FORCE Decal Set: This kit comes with the G-FORCE decal stripes and number set (as shown) for some super cool looking custom graphics. Use these included decals or create your own unique design.
• Official BSA Pinewood Derby Wheels & Axles: This kit comes with the option to add stock or enhance Official BSA Pinewood Derby wheels and axles. For example: the Derby Worx Pro Ultra Lite BSA wheels are the fastest BSA Pinewood Derby wheels on the market.
• Meets BSA Pinewood Derby Regulations: This car meets all BSA Pinewood Derby dimensional and weight requirements. The optional BSA wheels and axles are all BSA Pinewood Derby approved products.
Get the complete EZ-to-Build G-FORCE kit and blow the doors off the competition… READ MORE